Fortify Standard Growing Media With This AAPFCO Beneficial Plant Substance
- Maintains high levels of oxygen in the soil
- Minimizes pH fluctuations
- Increases uptake in water and essential nutrients
- Enhances resiliency towards abiotic stress
- A natural soil substrate that increases plant growth
- An added silica source that promotes strong plants
- Improves soil conditions for better plant mass
- Containers plants
- Root cuttings
- Plant seedlings
- Soil amendment for potting soil and raised garden beds
- Hydroponic growing
Product Labels: Download our product Technical data sheets
Perlite+ Silica TDS
Product Labels: Download our product label approved by the States’ Departments of Food and Agriculture.
Harvest Hero Perlite+ Silica is a natural, disease-free soil substrate that increases node and flower development with an added silica source that promotes strong plants.
Harvest Hero Perlite+ Silica is specially formulated to minimize pH fluctuations, increase uptake in water and essential nutrients while maintaining high levels of oxygen in the soil that will improve your soil quality, helping your plants get the nutrition they need, ensuring robust, vigorous growth.
- Mix 3 parts Perlite+ Silica with 7-10 parts artificial medium such as sphagnum peat moss for potted plant (container) applications.
- Incorporate well, ensuring a well-blended mixture.
- Place new plant into the mixture, being sure to keep the original soil depth of the seedlings or transplants.
- Perlite+ Silica is an ideal soil amendment to prevent water-logging.
- This also works well when transplanting larger, root bound plants. Be sure to maintain the original planting depth.
Hydroponic Growing Systems
- Perfect for hydroponic growing systems.
- Perlite+ Silica drains well, but holds adequate moisture between irrigation cycles.
- Can be used full-strength or mixed with your favorite aggregate to provide a source of soluble silicon, neutral pH, while keeping roots oxygenated.
State Shipping Availability
Every state has their own rules and regulations for product distribution of soil amendments, soil substrates and fertilizer products (because of course they do). Harvest Hero can be delivered in most states and is actively pursuing registration for Harvest Hero Perlite+ Silica in the rest. You can see below where we can currently deliver. Harvest Hero Perlite+ Silica is available for purchase in all states except Alaska, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, and Wisconsin. Harvest Hero is actively pursuing registration for all products in every state. See here for a full list of product availability by state.
If you would like to be notified when Harvest Hero Perlite+ Silica is registered for distribution in your state, contact us at email@example.com.
Special Order in Bulk
Complete the form below and a member of our fulfillment team will contact you to discuss your special order.
Soil Media Backed by Science
Perlite and Diatomaceous Earth
Domestically Sourced Perlite (70%)
Perlite is an industrial mineral formed by molten (magmatic) rock, also known as volcanic glass. It has been a key player in the horticultural industry for decades. The biggest benefit of expanded perlite is that it provides space for both air and water within a soilless mix. In fact, perlite retains water in three ways: in between individual grains, in channels leading to the cores of the grains, and on the highly irregular surfaces of each particle.
Additionally, perlite miraculously soaks up moisture against the opposing force of gravity, and it lets excess moisture drain out to just the right level for plant roots. Water mobility in perlite is excellent regardless of initial moisture levels due to relatively fast-acting capillary action. In a study completed by the Perlite Institute, a column of a blue-tinted liquid rises highest in perlite when compared to other commonly used growing media like mineral wool, pine / sawdust, and pumice.
Additional benefits of perlite include:
- Naturally occurring
- Improves moisture retention
- Maintains consistent aeration and drainage for plant roots
- Prevents compaction
- Will not decompose over time, depleting soil nitrogen
- Sterile—free of weeds, diseases, and pests
- Lightweight, and ready to use
- Neutral pH—a reliable constant when mixing with organic materials
Natural Diatomaceous Earth (30%)
Diatomaceous earth (DE) is the naturally occurring fossilized remains of diatoms. It is a near-pure sedimentary deposit consisting almost entirely of silicon dioxide, one of the world’s most abundant elements, which is semi-soluble and essential for plant health. Silica improves cell wall strength and structural integrity. This allows diatomaceous earth to improve the soil quality while increasing resistance against abiotic plant stressors:
It also aids in reducing salinity, promotes a neutral pH, adds matrix to the soil, and improves overall soil quality.
Harvest Hero Perlite+ Silica
Also contains nonplant food ingredients
Contains Beneficial Substance
.15% Soluble Silicon
Diatomaceous Earth: 30%
Soluble Silicon: 0.15%