No products in the cart.
Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite
$22.99 – $31.99
Hydroponic Perlite – A superior substrate designed specifically for hydroponic systems or can be used in containers and garden plants for robust and vigorous growth.
- 100% sterile growing medium and OMRI listed – Increases plant vigor by delivering excellent drainage with increased oxygen uptake.
- Industry-leading, medium-to large-grade perlite – Excellent soil substrate for lush plant growth.
- Reduces water costs – One product that cuts down on watering.
Amending with Soil? Not sure what size bag you need? Visit our Grower’s Guide to help you figure out how much product you’ll need to ensure a robust crop.
Increase Yields With A Superior Substrate For Hydroponic Systems
- Increases plant vigor with oxygen uptake
- Superior water drainage
- Reduces water and fertilizer costs
- 100% sterile growing medium
- Unlike rockwool, retains excellent air/water balance
- Excellent soil substrate for lush plant growth
- Propagation and growing medium
- Hydroponic systems
- Containers plants
- Lay-flat plastic sleeves
Product Labels: Download our product technical data sheet.
Product Labels: Download our product label approved by the States’ Departments of Food and Agriculture.
Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite is adaptable to a variety of growing environments and systems, but also can be used as an amendment for container plants, root cuttings, and field and garden grown plants.
Versatility in Hydroponics
Perlite can be scaled up easily to meet the needs of increased production. Perlite is used to grow small-leafed crops such as micro-greens in conjunction with Nutrient Film Technique (NFT). For larger crops, perlite is ideal for use with modular systems such as “Dutch” or “Bato” buckets and perlite-filled “Grow-bags.”
- Fill container with Hydroponic Perlite.
- Set plant at conventional height so that the root system is reinforced.
- For even greater performance, use fertigation sleeves filled with Hydroponic Perlite.
- Mix a ratio of 30% Hydroponic Perlite with 70% peat moss.
- Saturate mixture with water.
- Place plant in mixture at original depth.
- Hydroponic Perlite can be used to facilitate better drainage in humid environments.
- Add full strength Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite into trays or cutting flats.
- Water well, place cuttings into trays and put trays in a shaded area.
- Cover tray in a white plastic trash bag to retain moisture.
- Check to remove any falling or mildewing cuttings to prevent contamination.
Field | Garden Grown Plants
- Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite can be mixed directly into field/garden soils to create a porous, well-drained soil which allows roots to breathe and stop soil compaction.
- Mix 10-20% Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite into your garden soil to provide adequate oxygen to the roots.
- Perlite is a mined mineral that resists degradation and retains its beneficial granular shape.
State Shipping Availability.
Every state has their own rules and regulations for product distribution of soil amendments, soil substrates and fertilizer products (because of course they do). Harvest Hero can be delivered in most states and is actively pursuing registration for Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite in the rest. You can see below where we can currently deliver. Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite is available for purchase in all states except Alaska, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, and Wisconsin. Harvest Hero is actively pursuing registration for all products in every state. See here for a full list of product availability by state.
If you would like to be notified when Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite is registered for distribution in your state, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Order in Bulk
Complete the form below and a member of our fulfillment team will contact you to discuss your special order.
Soil Media Backed by Science
Domestically Sourced Perlite (100%)
Perlite is an industrial mineral formed by molten (magmatic) rock, also known as volcanic glass. It has been a key player in the horticultural industry for decades. The biggest benefit of expanded perlite is that it provides space for both air and water within a soilless mix. In fact, perlite retains water in three ways: in between individual grains, in channels leading to the cores of the grains, and on the highly irregular surfaces of each particle.
Additionally, perlite miraculously soaks up moisture against the opposing force of gravity, and it lets excess moisture drain out to just the right level for plant roots. Water mobility in perlite is excellent regardless of initial moisture levels due to relatively fast-acting capillary action. In a study completed by the Perlite Institute, a column of a blue-tinted liquid rises highest in perlite when compared to other commonly used growing media like mineral wool, pine / sawdust, and pumice.
Additional benefits of perlite include:
- Naturally occurring
- Improves moisture retention
- Maintains consistent aeration and drainage for plant roots
- Prevents compaction
- Will not decompose over time, depleting soil nitrogen
- Sterile—free of weeds, diseases, and pests
- Lightweight, and ready to use
- Neutral pH—a reliable constant when mixing with organic materials
Harvest Hero Hydroponic Perlite
The Grower’s Guide to Enhanced Perlite Mix
Whether you’re a pro in the garden or you’re just getting started, Harvest Hero can help you figure out how much Enhanced Perlite Mix you’ll need to ensure a robust crop. We’ve carefully crafted the ideal amounts of Harvest Hero Enhanced Perlite Mix you’ll need based on how many plants you’re planning to grow. The calculations in the following chart use a “middle of the road” approach. They’ll work in most instances, but we’ve erred on the side of possibly too much to avoid the mistake of not having enough to sow your next crop.
|Container Size||Harvest Hero Volume (Quarts)||Peat or Coco Volume (Quarts)|